Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle: quick delete of a group of library components

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Is there a way to quickly delete a group of library components? I can only seem to remove them individually by using the 'Remove' command and entering the name which is a pain if there are quite a few to get through.

I like Eagle, it's great that there is such a good tool available for free, but it's not as user friendly as it could be in terms of library / file management.

I would like, for example, to delete the highlighted components in one hit. Possible?

Thanks in advance for any help.

**broken link removed**

Hi,

you could proceed either way: Deleting the components you don't want or copy the ones you want into a new library.

If the majority of them has to be deleted I'd chose the way to copy the wanted packages and symbols into the new library and create new devices. (Don't forget to assign the the proper connections).

When done simply delete the entire old library using the explorer.

Boncuk

Click the first one, then hold down shift and click the last one, that should select them all. If not then there's a library editor somewhere you have to go into.

Click the first one, then hold down shift and click the last one, that should select them all. If not then there's a library editor somewhere you have to go into.

It does not! Selecting any device includes a symbol and a package, which would be deleted as well, probably not wanting to delete a package.

The normal Windows functions marking and deleting are disabled in libraries.

The only way to clean up a library is the way I described.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back