Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle Library

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I googled and got the same link, however, I can only find PDF spec sheets there. I didn't find eagle library file. Maybe you can point it out for me?

bababui said:
Yes I googled and got the same link, however, I can only find PDF spec sheets there. I didn't find eagle library file. Maybe you can point it out for me?

Sorry/Bummer, I did not see it either, I did not translate the site and my German is very poor. If you can find it there post it here. Others will be looking for it.

It is not too hard to create the part in Eagle esp if you copy and modify existing parts to do so. There are tutorials.

just pick any atmel chip with the same pin count ... if atmel are anything like microchip, the same size chips in a series usually have the same pinouts. eagle doesn't care you're using the wrong chip, and it won't effect the outcome of your pcb fabrication either :)

Or create your own library part, all you have to do is take a standard chip of the same form factor and edit the PIN identification to match the PDF sheet of your AVR.

if you're going to go to the trouble of making your own part, I recommend using the copy and paste function, and making several diagrams for the same part.

for example, some pics have lots of multiplexed functions on each pin. instead of trying to type all those functions in on a single diagram, and ending up with a huge box full of abbreviations, it's better to break it down like 18f4550 analog, 18f4550 usb + spp, and so on ... then you don't have all the clutter of those functions which have no bearing on your application

justDIY said:
if you're going to go to the trouble of making your own part... it's better to break it down like 18f4550 analog, 18f4550 usb + spp, and so on ..
Good idea. You can also make a symbol with a pin arrangement that works best for the schematic you are working on. A view of the chip as you are using it.

The attached example shows a PIC16F886 where I grouped the pins used for a 8 bit LCD on one side. It makes for a much neater schematic. Perhaps a bit anal but why not strut your stuff.

EDIT: The PIC to LCD pin assignments were made to reduce the number of vias on the board. It makes the LCD driver code a bit interesting but you only have to write it once.

Attachments

• lib.jpg
    lib.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 590
  • lib2.jpg
    lib2.jpg
    532.5 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:
3v0 what are you doing? why are you using so many pins to control an LCD? you only need the first 4 bits of the LCD control unit. all the libraries have been written that way and most of the commercial applications are done so. no-one uses 8 bit data on character LCDs anymore ;). and then you can fit the whole LCD into one port of the PIC wasting much less pins.
connection like that: http://www.oopic.com/lcd.gif

a little OT, but i just had to say that ans save you a lot of trouble hopefully.

bloody-orc said:
3v0 what are you doing? why are you using so many pins to control an LCD?...

The point of my post was to show that you could create Eagle symbols that make you schematic easier to read. It was not about the circuit which I think I have talked about in another post.

This is a general purpose controller with a few IO bits and a $1.50 LCD display hardwired for a 8 bit parallel data bus. Using a 28 pin PIC reduces the part count. The board is the same lenght as the LCD which can be mounted with angle brackets.

Some people have cut a trace on these boards to put them in I2C mode but it is a **broken link removed**. On the boards I have the pad to be cut is mostly under the epoxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back