Eagle HelP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elecman2000

i made a copmlicated schematic with Eagle 5.6,, and when tring to make lay out ,, it never comleted 100% ... always less than 95% !!! what should i do ??? I try to draw the lay out my self but it is just too complicated ,,, a little help please ???

i made a copmlicated schematic with Eagle 5.6,, and when tring to make lay out ,, it never comleted 100% ... always less than 95% !!! what should i do ??? I try to draw the lay out my self but it is just too complicated ,,, a little help please ???

Eagle is not some MAGIC as such my friend to always give you 100% auto route. Whenever we design PCBs it sometimes completes less than 80%. At such times you are either supposed to place tracks manually or the last option is to use jumpers.

The Eagle autorouter works grid oriented.

Using a grid size of 1/20" (1.27mm) won't suffice if the components are placed closely to each other. It is not only a matter of grid size but also a matter of trace width.

Check the air wires left over after routing has finished. If there are lots of crossovers you should get rid of crossings.

Using a different location for a part or turning it 90 or 180 degrees routing might be successful.

To get a nice looking layout rip up trace after trace and reroute manually. Eagle produces lots of "odd" angles from solder pads to the trace.

Boncuk

Almost 50 resistors & 4 ICs.....what size board (in inches) are u trying to route?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…