Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle 3D Experience??

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I remember from this 3D (long time since I used it...)
Download that povray renderer, when in eagle and making you PCB, you need to run some script or ULP, this generates a file, open it with you povray, and voila, 3D rendered PCB :)
These are apparently the exact same steps as in the authors link.. :p

Last edited:
POVRAY is hard to use. Are there other 3D model formats that eagle generates. 3DS of DXF woulld be nice as there are free viewers for these formats. Give me a bit and I will see.

Back when I used povray (I just reinstalled it, but on ubuntu this time), I never had any problems with it...
After your board is complete, or sort of, you have to run the ULP that he tells you to run...
This should generate a file, and you can open and render this file with povray...

Sorry. No luck. Looks like if you have povray, you need to open the ULP file.

I loaded the .brd file into the eagle & clicked the icon named ULP.

After clicking it appears plenty .ulp files.Confused...........

Theres no any documentary on net how to create a 3D file step by step.......

Last edited:
Have you read this?
en:eagle3d:documentation [www.matwei.de]
3d41.ulp ULP for Eagle >=4.1 this is the ULP you need, run it, make some settings, and of you go... this should generate a file povray can process, and then you render it and of you go!

Man, not appreciated here...
Eagle is free to begin with (not the professional version, but that aside) so why would you get a hacked version anyway? And btw, hacked versions don't work with legal versions, so you're double screwed...
Bye bye I think!

Have you read this?
en:eagle3d:documentation [www.matwei.de]
3d41.ulp ULP for Eagle >=4.1 this is the ULP you need, run it, make some settings, and of you go... this should generate a file povray can process, and then you render it and of you go!

In this article it is assumed that Eagle version 4.16 is the current version. The most current version however is 5.2.0.

Using 4.16 requires a cracked version, since that one is obsolete and no longer available for download.

In this article it is assumed that Eagle version 4.16 is the current version. The most current version however is 5.2.0.

Using 4.16 requires a cracked version, since that one is obsolete and no longer available for download.

well, since it said =>4.16 I thought that you could use it on 5.2 too...
It doesn't hurt trying, and if it doesn't work, maybe you could send an email to the guy who wrote the script, but I never had any problems on the 4.16 on XP...

OOOps sorry I opened in the POV Ray (V3.6) I see lots of codes there.

In the render menu auto render was checked.

After I clicked start rendering something happens.Thats it.

Don't know what to do after.So where is the image?

It gives an error "cannot open include file #include "tools.inc"

Last edited:
Well, it seems that it can't find your .inc files, you have to point to 'em somewhere...

Hi sorry for the late response...........:eek:

I have been doing lots of codes stuff with eagle3D & POV softwares & finally manage to make some 3D models.Don't know whether you all like these stuff.......:D

I have attached a simple one of mine..............

Attachments

• Kit Scanner.PNG
    Kit Scanner.PNG
    108.4 KB · Views: 288
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back