Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dynamic demand controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

netotse

HI,
i'm trying to build a dynamic demand controller for my final year project(it monitors the powerline frequency and disconnects connected eqpt based on freq stability) and so far i've divided it into 3 blocks-1)zero crossing detector 2)freq monitoring/measuring 3)equipment control
i'm ok with the zero crossing detector but now i'm stumped when it comes to measuring the frequency of the output< i've decided to use period measurement cos i was told somewhere on this forum its more accurate and instantaneous> i'd appreciate whatever help i can get here...thanks

started reading up on uCs but i'm not progressing fast enough so i decided to come here

p.s. i searched the web and saw some projects but they all are beyond the scope of my project(in the Mhz range i just need maybe 30 Hz -100Hz cos powerline is 50Hz here also the selling point to my lecturers is 'cheap and simple')

A uC would be the cheapest to implement component wise.
Another idea is the LM2917 which is a frequency to voltage converter. Use comparators setup as a window comparator to detect a valid range of voltages from the LM2917 and thus frequencies.

A uC would be the cheapest to implement component wise. Another idea is the LM2917 which is a frequency to voltage converter.

Awesome. A guy who can recommend more solutions than simply saying "use a microcontroller." (Man that gets old...)

You're my kind of guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back