Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DVP-CX777ES Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesse18

I bought a Sony DVP-CX777ES on ebay that had no power. I repaired to power supply board and replaced the belts. The problem now is the CD loading motor continues to run while a CD has been loaded into the player mechanism. I am stuck. Does anyone have experience repairing this model?

Thank you in advanced!

That's normally when the loading belt needs replacing, the very last part of loading is a bit tighter, so it gets so far but won't quite reach the end - there's a limit switch that it triggers when it gets there which tells it to kill the motor.

If you try and load a disc with it in pieces, you should be able to see the belt slipping or not - a good belt will probably stall the motor. While it's slipping try manually turning the target pulley, you usually find a turn or two will make it work.

I've got a small Sony DVD player that does the same, I got it as the customer bought a new one - but the belt was no longer available, and I've never bothered trying to find a suitable third party belt - but it works perfectly with the finger spinning trick :D

That's normally when the loading belt needs replacing, the very last part of loading is a bit tighter, so it gets so far but won't quite reach the end - there's a limit switch that it triggers when it gets there which tells it to kill the motor.

If you try and load a disc with it in pieces, you should be able to see the belt slipping or not - a good belt will probably stall the motor. While it's slipping try manually turning the target pulley, you usually find a turn or two will make it work.

I've got a small Sony DVD player that does the same, I got it as the customer bought a new one - but the belt was no longer available, and I've never bothered trying to find a suitable third party belt - but it works perfectly with the finger spinning trick :D

Thank you for the reply, I will try it out. I have seen people selling clear silicon O rings as replacement "belts". They come in thousands of sizes and readily available (aka at hardware stores for cheap). I am going to order some and report back on my progress.

I replaced switch S621 on the loading SW board as shown on page 76 of the repair manual. When I plug in the unit the motor spins and stops after closing S621, when I power on the unit the motor starts spinning again. I fear the controller board is bad but I can't find a replacement.

I replaced switch S621 on the loading SW board as shown on page 76 of the repair manual. When I plug in the unit the motor spins and stops after closing S621, when I power on the unit the motor starts spinning again. I fear the controller board is bad but I can't find a replacement.

It would be extremely unlikely that the controller board would be faulty, the belt slipping, possibly a broken switch, or misalignment would be much more likely.

Selecting number 1 or 2 on menu just leads me to a blank blue screen. I am able to select 0. Syscon Diagnosis and run through the test all function.
I can select 4. Emergency History and it gives me several error codes but I can't seem to find what they mean at all. I have searched across the internet.
1587664759023.png

0423201344.jpg

0423201345e (1).jpg

Last edited:
I fixed one of these DVD changers with the same or a similar problem. There are two loading switches (in & out), and a table locking switch. If the table locking switch does not close at the end of the disc loading, the motor will stay on. You can easily test this by pulling to ground the pin of the connector on the mainboard corresponding to this switch when you see the table lock occurring. If that stops the motion then you know the fix. There are 4 pins on an 8-pin connector coming from the loading/lock switches. LoadIn, LoadOut, TableLock and GND. The switches are active low (i.e. they pull pin to GND when closed). You can also check continuity on these 3 to GND as you manually move the loading mechanism using the pulley. The connector pins are marked on the mainboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back