Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

During a quoted reply the quote keeps scrolling to the beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.

audioguru

Most Helpful Member
I have Microsoft XP and Internet Explorer 8.
Recently (today?) during a quoted reply the quote keeps automatically scrolling to the beginning. Then I cannot type anything anymore.

I continue typing by going to Advanced.

Hi, I've noticed that from time to time. For me, it's not a new problem, one that seems to pop up on occasion. It's extreemly annoying however.

I have Microsoft XP and Internet Explorer 8.
Recently (today?) during a quoted reply the quote keeps automatically scrolling to the beginning. Then I cannot type anything anymore.

I continue typing by going to Advanced.
Testing testing.
It's not happening to me. I don't think I've noticed it when replying with a quote.

But I have noticed that sometimes when I'm viewing posts, if I scroll, it sometimes starts scrolling automatically.

Very annoying, but I think it stops if I click somewhere on the screen.

I have Windows 7 & usually use FireFox.

It happened again now when I quoted you and tried typing. It kept automatically scrolling to the beginning of the quote.

It automatically scrolls only when I move the mouse.

Last edited:
Is this happening on IE8 and when you clickc the Reply With Quote button?
Yes.
Then when I type maybe 8 lines to fill the box then also accidently click OUTSIDE THE BOX, the scrolling to the top begins EACH TIME MY MOUSE LEAVES THE REPLY BOX.

It happened again now when I typed lines with nothing except the Enter key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back