Dual D flip flop CD4013

Status
Not open for further replies.

suresh

Hi,
I am using the CD4013 flipflop for my project.
Normally in a D-flipflop Q follows D when the clk is given.I have shortcircuited D and (Qbar) so that it should act like loop whennever the clock is given.when clk is 0 ,Qhould be 0.When clk is 1 will be 1.But it si not happening.
Please clear me and if possible send me the datasheet

bai.

When you connect D of D-Filp-flop to Q\ the flip-flop will turn into a toggle flip-flop and the output (Q) will toggle on each of the clock pulse. So it Q won't be 1 when clock is 1 and 0 when clock is 0.

But why would you want to connect Q to D when D and Q are essentially tied together anyway. Doesn't Q follow D anyway. So lets say you D flip-flop is positive triggered, then whenever the clock pulse goes high, D goes to whatever you have connected to it(lets say +5), therefore Q goes high. But maybe that's not what you wanted. Okay. Why don't you just tie D to the clk. So now if you clock is pulsating, D will be pulsating, and Q will be pulsating.
Maybe I'm way off.

suresh said:
I have shortcircuited D and (Qbar).

This should indeed produce a 'toggle' flip-flop, a divide-by-two action. If it doesn't there may be something wrong with the 4013 or your wiring

See **broken link removed** for some info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…