Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DTMF

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdanfirst

does anybody know any DTMFs? i mean the pair, encoder and decoder.
i know about UM91210, MC145026, IT12E and there pairs.

As you have not received any replies yet I thought I would send this link to you.

The list of data sheets includes 4 DTMF chips - NOT pairs.

1 generator - 5089 - and 3 rx - 8870, M957 and SSI 202.

**broken link removed**

Sorry I can't be more helpful.
:cry:

Bogdan,

MC145026 is not a DMTF chip. It is supposed to be used with MC145027/8 for remote control.
Motorola had a DTMF chip (MC145436) but it's obsolete. As fas as I know there are no specific DTMF encoder/decoder pairs because every decoder is capable of decoding at least 12 digits produced by any DTMF generator IC. You can use any encoder/decoder combinations that suits your needs.

hm......
well i got a MC145026 encoder from MOt. what can i use as a receiver?
i have it in an old remote from a car alarm sistem and it is SMD ....how am i gonna get it off.... :(

The MC145026 works with MC145027 or MC145028 ICs.
You can download the datasheet for these ICs here: www.aquasport.hr/temp/MC145026.pdf (note: I've put this only temporary and I will remove it in 2 days)

As for getting it off, use a soldering iron with a tiny tip :)

Try the following to remove the IC:

if you have a heat gun, briefly apply heat to the IC pins. Then use your sold. iron tip and place it on as many pins on one side of the IC then switch to the other pins/other side. Keep rotating btw pins and eventually u should be able to remove it with a pair of twizzers.

-OR-

you could get a solder wick to suck the solder from the pads and remove the IC that way. This always works for me.

I hope this helps.[/list]

well i got the datasheet for the 5026...if that is what it is on the website...you can delete it.
thanks for the tips on getting it out!
o, and by the way, i suppose i can use it to send the 8 bits from the paralel port....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back