Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dsPIC Power Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

burg

Hey,

I've got a dsPIC I'm trying to program with the ICD 2 through MPLab, however the power supplying the dsPIC seems to be an issue. I'm assuming the dsPIC needs to be running at 3-3.6V for it to be able to be programmed.

I have a wall wort running around 6V then stepped down to 3.6V through a voltage divider, which I think is the result of my problems. Is there any other way of stepping the wall worts voltage (either from 6 or 11V)?

Thanks.

A 3.3V voltage regulator would be the best solution. You could also use a LM317 set for 3.3V Or run it from 2 AA cells as a poor mans solution.

Depends on the dsPIC. Some are 5V like the dsPIC30Fxxx others are 3.3 like all dsPIC33Fxxx
Complex chips the dsPICs, not designed for beginners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back