Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ds18s20 and cable capacitance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I fixed the link. This new site software adds that spurious ^a character to links about 50% of the time.

Sorry for the delay. I had a vacation in Europe and couldn't access the forum.

Thank you for 1-wire microchip note. I haven't seen it before.

I guess the timing issue happens when reading from the sensor. My code pulls down, waits 3 us, then releases and samples in 10 us (so, I use 3/10, which is close to microchip 6/9). So, there's 10 us between PIC releasing the line and sampling. If it's 12 us to pull up against 1500 pF, then it is more than my 10 us, meaning it may not be pulled up when I sample. It works some of the time, but not very consistent. When I use 4.7K on the sensor end and 2.2K on the PIC end, I get 1.5K pullup, which works much better.

Looking as micriochip recommends it, I probably be better with 3/12 instead of 3/10, which will give it 2 us more to pull up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back