Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DS1820 & DS1307 Equivalents pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSter

Hi,

I'm trying to construct the circuit below:
5 channel digital thermometer reader

But the following parts are unavailable, so pls. advice me on the equivalent part nos. (list of equivalents/compatible replacements)

1. DS1820 digital output Thermometer:
-> 9 to 12–bit centigrade temperature

-> 1-Wire bus (Each DS18B20 has a unique 64-bit serial code, which allows multiple DS18B20s to function on the same 1–wire bus)

-> range of –55°C to +125°C and is accurate to ±0.5°C

2. DS1307 Real Time Clock:
-> I2C,
-> NV SRAM (56Bytes),
-> YY-MM-DD/ HH:MM:SS Date format.

Thanks

Last edited:
The DS1820 was made obsolete and replaced by the DS18s20 which is almost the same and usually works as a direct replacement.

There is another variant, the DS18b20 which can be cheaper and is physically the same. BUT it presents the temperature data slightly differently so may need a modification to the software of some designs if they do not state that they support it.

There are similar rtc chips to the DS1307 but not an exact equivalent as far as I know. Using a slightly different rtc chip would again need a change to the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back