Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

drop-down chat information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerStrom8

Super Moderator
Hi, EM!

I was wondering if it would be possible to have a drop-down menu-type thing from the chat button, listing the names of who is on the chat at the moment? [Edit: meaning, hover over the chat button and it has a drop-down list of users who are online]. I know that sometimes if I am looking for someone, I have to open chat, and if they're not on I just close out. This can sometimes come across as rude to the members who are on chat, so I thought I'd make this suggestion.

As always, thank you very much for all the great work you do to keep this site up and running! :)
Best regards,
Der Strom

Last edited:
Hi, EM!

I was wondering if it would be possible to have a drop-down menu-type thing from the chat button, listing the names of who is on the chat at the moment? I know that sometimes if I am looking for someone, I have to open chat, and if they're not on I just close out. This can sometimes come across as rude to the members who are on chat, so I thought I'd make this suggestion.

As always, thank you very much for all the great work you do to keep this site up and running! :)
Best regards,
Der Strom

hi,
I agree this would be a good idea.
When visiting Chat, there is a list of names, but often no one is actually active on Chat.

It would be courteous to other users when leaving Chat, to Log out rather than closing their browser and allowing the Chat connection to time out.

Message should be, When you decide to leave Chat, Log Off.

It would be courteous to other users when leaving Chat, to Log out rather than closing their browser and allowing the Chat connection to time out.

Message should be, When you decide to leave Chat, Log Off.

Yes, I agree. Perhaps a feature could also be added that shows if a user has said anything within the past 5-10 minutes. Not sure how many of you guys use facebook, but fb chat has a feature similar to what I am thinking. I think it could be very helpful to the chat users :)

Der Strom

P.S. Please note the edit in my original post

Last edited:
The initial issue of a way to know who is in chat has been done. To view who is online in chat simply hover your mouse over the chat button.

I will be attempting to figure further issues in the chat. A major one is showing who is active and who is away.

Regards,
EM

Many thanks for all your work, EM. It is very much appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back