Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Drones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A related topic to 'drone morons' are the 'laser loonies' that aim highish power laser beams at aircraft landing at UK airports.
In some cases causing temporary pilot blindness.

I guess these people must have the IQ of a parsnip.!
And the parsnips who get pi**ed and create havoc on aircraft. Not only do they make the flight unpleasant for the other passengers and flight attendants but, on a few occasions, even causing the flight to be aborted.:wideyed:

spec

Eric, do you by any chance read the PPRUNE website?

JimB

Eric, do you by any chance read the PPRUNE website?

JimB
hi Jim & A Happy New Year.;)

No, I didn't know such a site existed.

Eric

EDIT:
Had a look over that PPrune site... unusual

Last edited:
My neighbor has one of these which he flies responsibly. All in all with extra batteries a tablet and other stuff he likely has about $2,000 USD invested. The thing has a range just over 3 miles and a charged battery is good for about 1/2 hour. Using GPS the thing knows where it is and where it started from. any loss of signal and it flies home on its own. The video has incredible quality and you can record it all. I was giving thought to buying one.
Just before Christmas a few things happened. I found a minty Colt Series 70 National Match Gold Cup that was begging to be in my collection, as if that was not bad enough a mint 1992 Harley Electro Glide with only 5,000 actual miles came along. While I had my wife's blessing with these new toys I felt it would not be smart to press my luck with the mention of a drone. :)

Maybe in the future, just not right now.

Ron

Colt Series 70 National Match Gold Cup
I had to google that, I had no idea what it is.
JimB

PS
But I do know what an Electro Glide is.

I had to google that, I had no idea what it is.
JimB

PS
But I do know what an Electro Glide is.

Hi Jim
I collect the early Series 70 Colt guns. I collect others but the Series 70 (Made from 1970 to 1983) are among my favorites. I have always been a big fan of the 1911 .45 ACP design, actually a John Browning design and just gravitate to the Colt guns and especially those Series 70 flavors. I only look for the minty ones showing little to no wear. All in all I have about 13 of them with these being among my pride and joy:

Colts.png

The Electro Glide is a Harley Davidson Motorcycle. The bike in question came up for sale in my area and finding a 1992 model in about mint condition is rare, even more rare with the low mileage. I couldn't walk away from this bike and the price was more than right.

The Bike1.png

The bike is not pictured with the "trunk" and passenger arm rest but I have them. The bike went into winter storage a week after I got it so it will be a spring project this summer. The bike has the full factory touring package.

So while I liked the neighbors drone I thought I would back off. Come to find out Kathy (my wife) was going to talk to the neighbor and get me a drone for Christmas but then came another Colt followed by this bike pretty much eliminating a drone. :) She is a happy girl as the end of January we are going to the Caribbean for a few weeks, down to the Dutch West Indies. Today it is single digit temperatures (around 8 Deg. F.) so the change will be welcome. Santa was very good to me this year and maybe a drone down the road. :)

Ron

Did you see the movie, 'Electro Glide in Blue' RR? :)

spec

Did you see the movie, 'Electro Glide in Blue' RR? :)

spec

Nope, never saw it. Have heard of it. There was also an Apollo album Electro Glide in Blue with Electro Glide in Blue being one of the tracks. The bike worked out well as I did like the color. Come spring I'll have it on the road but won't ride this one too much as I want to keep the mileage low. I told friends the bike is "Retro" much like me. :) I may have to find the DVD of the movie.

Ron

Hi Jim
I collect the early Series 70 Colt guns. I collect others but the Series 70 (Made from 1970 to 1983) are among my favorites. I have always been a big fan of the 1911 .45 ACP design, actually a John Browning design and just gravitate to the Colt guns and especially those Series 70 flavors. I only look for the minty ones showing little to no wear. All in all I have about 13 of them with these being among my pride and joy:

View attachment 103462

The Electro Glide is a Harley Davidson Motorcycle. The bike in question came up for sale in my area and finding a 1992 model in about mint condition is rare, even more rare with the low mileage. I couldn't walk away from this bike and the price was more than right.

View attachment 103463

The bike is not pictured with the "trunk" and passenger arm rest but I have them. The bike went into winter storage a week after I got it so it will be a spring project this summer. The bike has the full factory touring package.

So while I liked the neighbors drone I thought I would back off. Come to find out Kathy (my wife) was going to talk to the neighbor and get me a drone for Christmas but then came another Colt followed by this bike pretty much eliminating a drone. :) She is a happy girl as the end of January we are going to the Caribbean for a few weeks, down to the Dutch West Indies. Today it is single digit temperatures (around 8 Deg. F.) so the change will be welcome. Santa was very good to me this year and maybe a drone down the road. :)

Ron
We had to call Statia just to replenish bunkers in our way to Baltimore. Having had to bring half of our crew to the doctor we crossed part of the island. It looked beautiful. You could jump there... Also known as Saint Eustatius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back