Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

driving outputs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowser22

hey guys i got a picaxe 08 dev board thats got in/outputs varying from 0 to 4 and a V+ rail on one side and a 0v on the other side. i wired up an led to output 2 and 0v then wrote a little prog to make it flash. i then wanted to wire up another led on a different output and make the leds alternate. i can only get the first one to light up but never the second one. ive tried everything from flipping it around to hooking on leg to 0v and v+. im done rambling though i need some assitance. thanks!

No one can help you with anything unless you post a schematic of how you have things hooked up and the code for your program. We can't guess =)

Last edited:
ok heres my code
Main:
high 2
pause 150
low 2
pause 100
high 2
pause 150
low 2
pause 100
high 0
pause 150
low 0
pause 100
high 0
pause 150
low 0
pause 100
goto main

now that should make 2 leds alternate similar to a police car. i have one led connected to 0v and output 2 and one led connected 0v and output 0

too late boys think i just pooched her. prlly could get it runnin with a reset but im just gonna buy a better picaxe and proto board.

you probably burned out the LEDs because i didnt see you say you had any resistors on there.

Nice link Burt.... page 6 shows correct LEDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back