Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Driving a 200khz transducer. cavitation effect cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
what I don't understand is why I would have to use a pulsed frequency to drive it. I realize that the specs say that a pulsed function is what it is supposed to do but given the characteristics of the piezoelectrice unit, why can't it be "forced" to work un-pulsed?

I am just trying to understand, please have patience!

Without the make and model for your transducer I can't answer that question. If you operate it outside of the makers specs it will likley fail.

any news regarding the tranducer? I found out that mine is in a sealed enclosure. I am afraid to break it if I attempt to pry it open.

any news regarding the tranducer? I found out that mine is in a sealed enclosure. I am afraid to break it if I attempt to pry it open.

Hi Alex
This is Airmars response.
They are asking for more type data.

I would suggest you contact them directly.

Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (Paul) - 06/05/2009 12:09 PM
Dear Eric,

Thank you for contacting AIRMAR Technology Corporation. The P5 product was manufactured in several different 200kHz element configurations. Please tell us what the Airmar part number is of the transducer that you have now. The part number is located on the transducer cable on a white label very close to where it connects to the display unit or on 2007 and later models the label is next to the transducer. The number required will look something like this format: (31-XXX-X-XX)

Sincerely,

Customer (Eric Gibbs) - 05/28/2009 04:09 AM
Please advise the "continous" power rating for the P5 200KHz marine transducer.

Regards
Eric Gibbs. C Eng; M.I.E.T.

Hi Eric! thanks for posting.

I managed to swap for a P7 with this reference data

shorty p7
200khz - u
pn: 31-255-1-02
rev 01

customer part:

31-255-1-02

I tried to send an email but have received no response. Maybe you managed to catch their attention with a specific technical question.

Alex

hi,
Have you had a reply from Airmar to your latest email.?:)

No! they seem to be ignoring me. I also received their free account and checked there but nothing.

I might be asking a lot but maybe if you were to ask them they might reply. I am not sure why I seem to be ignored every time.

(maybe it has something to do with the fact I am italian and our prime minister has once again brought undesired attention and embrassment to my country :eek: )

Alex

No! they seem to be ignoring me. I also received their free account and checked there but nothing.

I might be asking a lot but maybe if you were to ask them they might reply. I am not sure why I seem to be ignored every time.

(maybe it has something to do with the fact I am italian and our prime minister has once again brought undesired attention and embrassment to my country :eek: )

Alex

hi.
I'll give it a try, cannot guarantee success.

If you think your PM has brought embarrasment to Italy, you should watch the UK TV newscasts, regarding the UK Gov't.!

EDIT: Copy of email sent today.
To update this question by email, please reply to this message.
Because your reply will be automatically processed, you MUST enter
your reply in the space below. Text entered into any other part of
this message will be discarded.

[===> Please enter your reply below this line <===]
Hi Paul,

Many thanks for the prompt response.

The user of the transducer has sent me the following information.
He is asking what is the continous power rating for this transducer.

shorty p7
200khz - u
pn: 31-255-1-02
rev 01
customer part: 31-255-1-02

Regards
Eric Gibbs C Eng; M.I.E.T.

Last edited:
hi eric. I much appreciate your help with this project! As far as scandals are concerned there are several differences between Italy and the Uk:

1) the second scandals come out your press is ready to question every decision, every idea, every move of your politicians.

2) the nation understands and perceives the scandal as such and reacts. Cosent decreases and as a result the positions of said politicians are undermined.

3) Politicians actually resign their positions

In my country we do not have free press. In the recent elections there have been recorded (not on air but recorded on camera nonetheless) incidents of journalists reassuring their bosses that no negative remarks about berlusconi would be made.

Italians look up to a man who has changed our laws to suit his needs, who has been sexually active with minors (the famous story of "papi silvio"), who has an harem of prostitutes and starlettes at his villas enetertaining his guests.

' + titolo + '

' + titolo + '

A man who has implicitly stated that "The Economist" and the Queen of England are left wing comunists if they criticize his playful remarks and scenes.

I am sorry for the off topic but rest assured the UK is in no way similar to Italy in this regard. Maybe Nigeria gets close but I doubt it.

Sorry again for the off topic.

Last edited:
hi Alex,
Reply from Airmar, forwarded me a copy of the transducer datasheet [attached]

The first point is the 375Watt rating at 2% duty cycle, if you do a rough extrapolation for 100% thats only 7.5Watts.

Also the beam width is 24deg.

IMHO this would not be suitable for the ultrasonic cleaner you are considering.

Looking at the eBay prices for a ready built unit, my advise would be to buy a ready built version.

Attachments

• 200U_LPU.pdf
    663.6 KB · Views: 163
thanks Eric! I guess there is no way to force the transducer to work in a different manner than the one intended, correct?

I might then just save it for some other use.

Alex

thanks Eric! I guess there is no way to force the transducer to work in a different manner than the one intended, correct?

I might then just save it for some other use.

Alex

hi,
With a 24deg beam width its designed for fish finding.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back