Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[drip sensor] which photodiode with an infrared LED ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loup-garou

[drip sensor] how to identify a photodiode ?

Everybody Hi,

I have to make the following drip sensor (see attached file), the caracteristics of the sensor Assembly (infrard LED+ photodiode) used in the file aren't unfortunately mentionned and recently I got a senor assembly (an MLED930 and a photodiode that were in use together in another drip sensor (analog one), my problem is that a part of name of the photodiode was erased,the only thing I know about it is that it began with BP (it has this shape : **broken link removed**) . thus, so I'm not able to adapt it to the schematic (page 2/fig.3 of the second attached file).

what should I do, how to test it in order to identify it (resistances to use ,polarization ) ?

Any help will be will be hugely appreciated .

Attachments

• MLED930.pdf
    697.3 KB · Views: 437
  • bio_vision01_kamble_drip_rate.pdf
    149.6 KB · Views: 1,520
Last edited:
@Moderator : could you please change the title of the topic to "[drip sensor] how to identify a photodiode ?", thanks.

Last edited:
Well it's a diode so you should be able to use a multi-meter in diode test mode to determine the anode/cathode. Not sure hot to determine what resistor you should use.

Last edited:
Hi Sceadwian,

Well it's a diode so you should be able to use a multi-meter in diode test mode to determine the anode/cathode. Not sure how to determine what resistor you should use.

thank you, you're right for the cathode/anode fixing. another thing, the photodiode used in the attached file is reverse polarized while I don't know whether my photodiode should be polarized that way or not.

It should go in the same direction as the one from the existing circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back