Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Drawing Schematics on computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electricman2K5

What software do you guys use to draw schematics???

Are there any good free packages available on the internet??? Ive found aa few but they weren't great

Which is/are the best???

Thanks

I find Pspice the best tool. It has many models and you can also build your own. And when it comes down to wiring and layout of components on page, it does a good job with minimum hassle. I also use Eagle because it has a great many pre-drawn components, but I don't find it's user interface friendly.

Electricman2K5 said:
What software do you guys use to draw schematics???

Are there any good free packages available on the internet??? Ive found aa few but they weren't great

Which is/are the best???

Thanks

If you want only to draw circuits, and not subsequently to use them for analysis and/or board layout, then I suggest you try MS Paint.

You can create your own library of shapes. This, and another instance of Paint, can be opened at the same time so you can copy from the former and paste in the latter.

Here is are a couple of examples:

Attachments

• astable.gif
    astable.gif
    2.7 KB · Views: 1,645
  • 3ph.gif
    3ph.gif
    9.2 KB · Views: 1,662
lompa said:
can you download component libarys for ms paint from the net somewere?

Not as far as I know. But it isn't hard to make your own.

If you copy the diagrams above into paint you can select the individual components and copy them and then past them into a another instance of Paint.

As long as it will open up in Paint you can do all sorts of things with it.

Attachments

• bushbnoc.gif
    bushbnoc.gif
    50.9 KB · Views: 1,544
...and now for something entirely different, as the introduction to Python's Circus used to say.

I have recently discovered a free schematic drawing program and a free p.c.b. layout program, both from the same source.

I downloaded and installed them only today so I haven't had a chance to assess them properly yet.

This link is to the original page **broken link removed**

and this one to the Google translated version **broken link removed**

if u are looking for a fairly easy to use free program id suggest using circuitmaker student version. I have it and it comes with about 50 predrawn circuits to base off of and has many components in library but not as many as those in bought programs of course...its bestto download it in an FTP format but the other way also works...if u need help with it feel free to pm me or ask on here...thx l8er

-fire

Also on this subject: How can I post a *.ckt file from CircuitMaker? I lose way too much information on it when I try to convert it to a *.jpg, *.bmp, or any other graphics file. Would zipping it help? All help is appreciated.

captainkirksdog said:
Also on this subject: How can I post a *.ckt file from CircuitMaker? I lose way too much information on it when I try to convert it to a *.jpg, *.bmp, or any other graphics file. Would zipping it help? All help is appreciated.

You could zip it and then post it, but it would be limited to only those people who have the same package - so it's not a very good idea?. Exporting it as a BMP shouldn't lose anything, then convert it to GIF using a decent grahics package. Don't attempt to use JPG, it loses quality and produces far larger files than GIF for diagrams (also don't post BMP direct, they are un-compressed and absolutely huge!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back