Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Downloading Electronics Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilot

Within some threads the same problem has kept appearing.

When someone is downloading a large file - eg. Eagle software - via a 56k connection then when the connection drops out you lose the file and have to start again.

Use a download manager such as Getright from www.Getright.com

As most (thankfully) servers will allow resumption of interrupted downloads this will allow you automatically resume the download with only a 4k rollback (approx).

I used to use this all the time before I went cable and it saved a lot of time and frustration.

Now you have NO reason NOT to download that demo of Workbench while your tucked up in bed.

Have fun and Enjoy

:lol: :lol:

are you saying this softwar is good?
do you recommend it. what i want to ask is if you can do these with it:
1.stop and resume a download, even after turned off the computer, start the download today and finish it next week?
2. allow multiple downloads?

1. Yepp you can!
2. As many as you like!

And one fine thing is that you can download the same file from multiple mirrors at the same time!

I use download accelerator plus from www.speedbit.com. It says it can boost your downlaod speed upto 300% and yes it does. Donwloads are quite faster than normal windows ones.

what about the fact that i have a speed limit of 128KB/s from my isp, and downloads normally go around 90-100KB/s ?
can i get more than 128K?

Well, I can't say anything about it. Why don't you try it and see.

Prof.Insane

You are right that modems are old. However not everyone, even within the UK, has access to cable/dsl etc for various reasons. As you move to different parts of the globe you will find that some places are lucky if a telephone is available.

I'm OK as I have a 1M connection - soon to be 1M5.

Others are not so fortunate so software such as this helps.

well you got a 1MB/s connection, and i think it works fine...really well.
i got a 128KB/s and it is ok with me, especially because here most people have modems, and you are lucky if you get a 5-6K download speed, and if you caonnect in 2 minutes.
to me it is enuogh.
but who wouldnt want a 1.5M line?
by the way, how much do you pay for that?

but who wouldnt want a 1.5M line?
by the way, how much do you pay for that?

I don't WANT a 1M5 line.

For my business I have multiple lines coming in and they are being upgraded. The fibre optic coming in is being replaced due to age and required repositioning.

For being a good customer - make lots of phone calls, send lots of faxes, spend lots of money with them, they are uprating the connection at no extra cost.

If you think about it, it costs my supplier the same to provide 500K,1M or 1M5. They just use this to try and make the customer feel 'special. I think it's a pile of Bull***t because I'm allready paying for it.

And ANYTHING that contains an ad-ware or spy-ware YOU SHOULD NOT DOWLOAD!!! Do you think it's fun when they eat up all your brandwith and memory? and all they do with it is that they send more spam, ads and s**t to you! And Getright doesn't (anymore) contain a single one!

And to help you all who think that they have an ad-ware, download Ad-Aware **broken link removed** it's an efficient ad-ware and spy-ware remover and its free!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back