Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

doubts lipo battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) How to find out if my Li-Po Xiaomi BM20 battery is genuine or fake?

2) my battery has two protrusions, one in the center and the other appears in the upper corner, does this force me to dispose of the batteries in the trash? i put photos

Attachments

• bat2.jpeg
    bat2.jpeg
    574.9 KB · Views: 232
  • bat4.jpeg
    bat4.jpeg
    577.9 KB · Views: 236
  • bat5.jpeg
    bat5.jpeg
    586.6 KB · Views: 233
those protrusions could keep the battery from sitting flat in the device's battery compartment.... other than that, telling whether it's a fake would require having a genuine original to compare against... as far as throwing it in the trash, that's a good way to burn your house down.... the best way to dispose of a lithium battery is in a metal container filled with sand (a steel ammo can with a lid that latches down filled with sand for instance).

i would first see if it works in the device you bought it for....

the battery may have solder connections under those protrusions and it's possibly normal.... have you tried it out to see if it works in the device you bought it for? if it works, but doesn't hold a charge, or operate the device as long as the original battery, then i would say it's a fake... if it works as good as the original battery then it's not a fake...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back