Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Doubt chemistry CR2032 battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

samusaran87

What is the chemical composition of the CR2032 battery?

Is it an oxidative corrosive chemical composition for metals and PCBs?

over the years and storage battery this chemical composition of CR2032 changes and turns into a corrosive oxidative chemical compound that leaks and corrodes?

The above might help.

Regards, Dana.

thanks

CR2032 long term storage in PCB leaks and corrode?

Yes, pretty well all batteries do - I've replaced numerous CR2032 etc. that have leaked and 'slightly' corroded the PCB - luckily the small size of the battery means there's not much damage, as they don't hold much.

One thing I have noticed, with soldered in ones, quite often when you heat the solder up it 'explodes', and splashes small drops of solder in your face - luckily I wear glasses, otherwise I would have had molten solder on my eyeballs. I presume this is some kind of reaction from the leakage?.

Well spotted Popcorn.

Looking down the page at the "Similar Threads" area, there is "battery CR2032 question" by this guy in a previous incarnation.

JimB

Maybe he's swallowed too many coin cells

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back