Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

door ajar monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casptrack

Iam building a circuit to monitor door ajar sensor in a 2002 car. I want to use CD4026BE counters that have the seven segment drivers built in. However I am having a hard time getting the counter to count up. All seven segments light up. The door sensor has 12.0V when closed and 0.0V when open. Any suggestions on finding a schematic to make this idea work.

All 7 segments light up on your counter? Have you considered that there may be noise present that makes it count up rapidly? Test it on a breadboard first, away from the car, until you get it to work satisfactorly.

What are you trying to count? how often the car's doors get opened??? WHY
:?

Hi,

My guess is that the guy wants the 7-segment display to indicate
which of the opening parts is not closed properly.

Bonnet
F.R. door
F.L. door
R.R. door
R.L. door
boot/hatch
sun-roof

Maybe each segment could just refer to one item, with words
round the edge ?

Such an arrangement would require a minimum of electronics,
just the dropper resistors, and the wiring, and the switches
or contacts fitted to each opening part.
Also if two parts weren't closed, they would show accordingly.

I might be quite wrong, maybe he wants numbers for parts not
closed properly, but what about two or more not shut ?

Dunno, just a suggestion.

Regards, John :)

Attachments

• shut_indicator.jpg
    shut_indicator.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 226
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back