Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

don't know how to control 6000 on/off switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jameson

Hi. I'm extremely new to the feild of controller tech and i'm looking for something that could control the on/off states of about 6000 electrodes (or electrical charge output devices) simultaneously.

The on/off states would be read from a removable media device holding (i suppose) 2megs of data or less. i assume the data would be in the form of a "." for 'ON' and a " " for 'OFF'.

i assume LCD controller tech would be the best solution, but i need it to be low power.

anyideas / refinements / suggestions would be very welcome; i'm a newcommer so go easy on me

Thanks
-- Jameson

p.s, i appologize for the cross-forum posts, but no one seems to want to answer me. :x

Your removable madia only requires 750 bytes to hold 6000 on/off states. So a tiny eeprom would do.

But controlling 6000 outputs :shock: ... You a millionaire or something? the cables alone would cost a fortune...

Info

Without looking at the circuit specifics, it may be hard to come up with a good answer.

How many leads do the electrodes have? Are any of the leads common?

If it is a 2 line type setup with a lead going to the controller and the other lead going to ground, you could simply tie the grounds in to one switch and switch everything on/off from there but that would only work if you needed to switch everything off and on as a whole and not independently.

It all really is dependent on your circuit and your electrode configuration for this method, that and how much cash your willing to fork out....

Here are a couple sites to checkout with array switches:

**broken link removed** (128 Switches)

**broken link removed**

http://www.uswi.com

Do a search on google for "array switch"

Resc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back