Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Doit Esp32 modules reset loop on startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr pepper

Most Helpful Member
I got a cheap imported doit Esp32 clone.
Of course it didnt work, just went into a reset loop in startup, indpedendant on program & settings.
After a lot of fiddling I found the cause, it worked on one pc, but not another, turns out this module which is wrover compatible only works on Esp32 arduino core version 1.0.3, other versions I tried caused the continual reset on power up.
What a headache.
Bear this in mind any of you that have this module with this problem, it may not be the cause but its worth trying.

Nope its 1.0.4
I got the ide to compile & run the basic examples reverting to 1.0.3.
However in my program (ov7670 camera server) the program would compile & run when programmed by one of my laptops but not on the other.
Odd.
Fixed it in the end, the pwm channel used to drive the pixel clock was not initialized, the same core version & the same ide version worked on one machine & not the other.

Nope its 1.0.4
I got the ide to compile & run the basic examples reverting to 1.0.3.
However in my program (ov7670 camera server) the program would compile & run when programmed by one of my laptops but not on the other.
Odd.
Fixed it in the end, the pwm channel used to drive the pixel clock was not initialized, the same core version & the same ide version worked on one machine & not the other.

Well damn! - nice find.

I got some cheap esp32 last week I read where there was a problem of the esp I guess you call it retting itself because of
WiFi using to much power. not tried wifi tho. that's this weekend LOL.

But when you think about it there is 2 cores 240 mhz this thing got be good for something LOL it took a bit to blink a led with it
had to figure out what I had first they sale the same chip with a cam that's need on my list
Mine is keeyee esp32 with the 2 core 240 mhz the pinout is not as most of them was my problem took some google time to find
the pinout.

Last edited:
Yes thats true, more so with the camera esp module, I had to put a 470u across mine to stop that, but thats all over the net, and also the esp gives an error message saying brownout, mine was saying switch reset, which really confused me.
There are some modules that dont have a pullup on the reset switch, that was one of the first things I tried.
Andreas spiess has a video on how you can use the 2 cores in the esp for what you like, normally one is confined to wifi and the other to your code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back