Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dog names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boncuk

Hi all,

I'm running out of ideas for dog names having had eight (two of them still alive) giving them "unused" names.

One of them was poisoned with warfarin (contained in rats poison), the other one was slain with a big bamboo stick, two of them were stolen by a "dog hunter", who catches dogs to sell them to restaurants for food. One died when she got her first babies, and another ran into a truck.

I've left two golden retrievers which I only let out accompanied.

Two days ago my wife brought along two puppies who treat the retrievers like parents and the big ones don't care. So I guess I've got a happy dog family.

The puppies are both male and and have a significant "sign", not having tails with one having a 1inch stub instead of a tail.

Obviously they were born the wrong way around and their mother pulled out their tails when getting them into the world.

If somebody has an idea for proper names (including the fact of having no tail) I'd be very pleased.

Kind regards

Boncuk

Docker and Cropper.

Probably too close phonetically for the dogs to distinguish.

Mike.

Hi Mike,

great idea and great names! :)

(Both names have a low sound "o" easily to distinguish for dogs.)

Don't be worried about phonetic differences.

Dogs have very sensitive "microphones" and will know the difference pretty fast.

Moreover those names can easily be used by my Thai family, whereas they have problems to pronounce my male retriever's name correctly.

His name is "Leo" and they use "L-eeo" with the effect that he doesn't respond as desired. :) (His master's voice :D)

Kind regards

Hans

How about breakfast and lunch . Phonetically well apart
or perhaps dinner and tea ?
or just brunch and snack

How about breakfast and lunch . Phonetically well apart
or perhaps dinner and tea ?
or just brunch and snack

Considering that many dogs in Thailand "serve" for lunch or dinner in Chinese restaurants as well as for Thai Issaan people I prefer names with no relation to that. :D

Boncuk

One of them was poisoned with warfarin (contained in rats poison), the other one was slain with a big bamboo stick, two of them were stolen by a "dog hunter", who catches dogs to sell them to restaurants for food. One died when she got her first babies, and another ran into a truck.

With a track record like that, have you considered the name "Lucky" for the next dog?

JimB

With a track record like that, have you considered the name "Lucky" for the next dog?

JimB

Good idea!

If he also runs into a truck I might rename him "Unlucky" :D

Boncuk

Last edited:
That's a bit like the boat called "Unsinkable II".

Mike.

Hi Mike,

haha, almost as good as the Italian Kamikaze pilot with 38 sorties. :D

Having observed the puppies for some time now I guess you hit the nails right on top.

"Docker" will be the one trying to dock at the girl retriever for milk and "Cropper" will be a good name for the other "cropping" everything he can get a hold of. :)

Regards

Hans

Last edited:
I think "Stub or Stubby" for the short tailed dog.

If the dogs truly are lucky to be in the world after a birth like that "Lucky" should be fitting for the other one.

kv

Edit: Sorry about the bad luck over their with your Pets.

It's seems incredible someone would eat your family Pet.

My Pit Bull is a land shark. She might get a bite of her own, removing a mass of flesh in the process.

Last edited:
Some dog trainers suggest we use two syllable names to help the dog distinguish them from commands which are normally one syllable.

Rov-er Lass-ie

sit down come

My dog had a one syllable name. She was great at everything but come.

How about Pete & Repeat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back