Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dog is Skunked !

Status
Not open for further replies.

3v0

Coop Build Coordinator
Forum Supporter
Once in a while there are things in life that one would rather not do but have too.

Our indoor/outdoor dog encountered a skunk at 7AM. She is outside and the smell is so strong it makes you eyes water when you stand next to the door.

The problem is that it is only 35F. The plan is to attach a garden hose to the kitchen sink and use heated water to wash her.

I do not want to do it. But I have to. Would rather visit the inlaws :)

We have a good formula for killing the stench. Mostly peroxide and baking soda. I think the peroxide oxidizes the smelly chemicals. It works much better the tom juice.

I do not want to do it.. but I must. :)

3v0

eew ! I'm feeling for you. You may not be able to get away with it I think the threads may be different.

You may just want to take some buckets with water out and wash with hot and rinse with cold keep cycling between the two ?

Good Luck !

kv:)

Water does almost nothing to skunk smell. Check with a local vet there are commercial skunk smell removing products out there that don't cost much. Also be wary of home 'cures' for skunk smell, most of them don't work.

Have you ever noticed that all too often skunks really do dies in the middle of the road?!?! It's probably their way of final revenge for a vehicle hitting them during their s-l-o-w waddle across the pavement. That way they can permeate their odor even farther.

This reminds me of Loudon Wainwright III song, Dead Skunk In the Middle of the Road

I seem to remember mythbusters did an expose of skunk cleaners. May be worth a google.

Mike.

Any bets as to what 3v0 is doing right now.

Wash rinse repeat. Wash rinse repeat.:p

kv:D:D:D

I won't let my kids take my Pit Bull out to the woods for that reason. Plus they think no matter how many times they bite a porcupine they will win ?

Nigel, what's your mailing address, next time I drive by one I'll grab a sample for you in the interest of foreign relations hehehehehe. I can't remember his name but there is a comic that used that as one of his better pieces of material. It's human nature when you smell something horrible to find the nearest person and shove it in their face and go "Isn't that horrible?"

I've seen some after the fact photo's of a dog biting porcupines. Horrible!
You oughta sleep with me, I've woken my wife up from a deep sleep clawing at her face like it was there.

You want to sit in the car with my 10 year old stepson on the way back from school.

Thats when you get on them about personal hygene!
My brother was that way too growing up. Filthy, smelled like BO, and had breath that made me gag. :eek:
Its up to the parents or peer group to step up and correct that problem.
Be nice and honest at first but if they dont get it get hard on them! Assume that no one else is going too.

Do you want him growing up to become that guy that wares clothes that are actualy rotting on him and smells so bad you cant even be down wind from him outdoors? :eek:
Ever been to an auction were you had a person that was so foul smelling people would not stand within several feet of him out in the wind? I have! :eek:

Skunks dont smell their own stink and neither do people!
Fix it now or live with it all the rest of your life! :(

Last edited:
Ummm how do you stop him from farting ?

Apart from the obnoixious smells coming out of his bottom he's quite a clean child - he showers 3-4 times a week.

Ever been to an auction were you had a person that was so foul smelling people would not stand within several feet of him out in the wind?

YES! lmao I know exactly what you mean..... sad but true!

Ummm how do you stop him from farting ?
Apart from the obnoixious smells coming out of his bottom he's quite a clean child - he showers 3-4 times a week.

You did not specify that part. I only went by personal experiance from bing around kids of that age group and higher.

Sorry no insult was intended!
Feed him different foods? Perhaps.
A discussion on when thats more apropriate and how to handle it properly could help some.

picbits, see a doctor, specifically a dietitian. Gas that can floor people like that in a kid is a sign of some kind of imbalance. Could be a dairy, nut or protein allergy that's manifesting slowly.

Lucky there are no skunks in India :D

Yeah just tigers, and such, nothing as menacing as a skunk... :)

**broken link removed**

They are cute...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back