Dog Containment System Schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

riverman

Can anyone help me with a schematic for any of the electronic dog collars used with the "invisible fence" type dog containment systems? (eg K9, Petsafe Innotek etc)

Thank in advance,

Tony.

Hi,

I know this is an old psot but did you ever have any luck with this one. I am looking for exactly the same thing. Hoep you can help, tnx.

Look in the Yellow Pages under "Dog Trainer" ;-)

More seriously, I have heard "stories" (haven't we all) about dogs being seriously injured when they have gone swimming with such a collar on - the water shorted it out and caused continuous shocks/pain.

On the other hand I've heard of using an RFID chip placed into a dog's collar and a RFID transceiver unit mounted next to a lockable dog flap in a door - only the "right" dog can get through. I know it's not what you want but perhaps a 'lateral thought'.

Susan

Thank you.
I am not interested in making something that will harm my dogs so if I taught for a second that was the case then I would not do it.
From reading other threads people are very dismissive of these collars and are saying they are cruel but it is a problem to keep your dog from roaming to places where they are in danger (busy roads), nearby farms etc.
Sure there is an alternative to shock that will trigger in a similar way (same principle)? Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…