Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dog Containment System Schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

riverman

Can anyone help me with a schematic for any of the electronic dog collars used with the "invisible fence" type dog containment systems? (eg K9, Petsafe Innotek etc)

Thank in advance,

Tony.

Hi,

I know this is an old psot but did you ever have any luck with this one. I am looking for exactly the same thing. Hoep you can help, tnx.

Look in the Yellow Pages under "Dog Trainer" ;-)

More seriously, I have heard "stories" (haven't we all) about dogs being seriously injured when they have gone swimming with such a collar on - the water shorted it out and caused continuous shocks/pain.

On the other hand I've heard of using an RFID chip placed into a dog's collar and a RFID transceiver unit mounted next to a lockable dog flap in a door - only the "right" dog can get through. I know it's not what you want but perhaps a 'lateral thought'.

Susan

Thank you.
I am not interested in making something that will harm my dogs so if I taught for a second that was the case then I would not do it.
From reading other threads people are very dismissive of these collars and are saying they are cruel but it is a problem to keep your dog from roaming to places where they are in danger (busy roads), nearby farms etc.
Sure there is an alternative to shock that will trigger in a similar way (same principle)? Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back