Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Doesn't run without PicKit2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbmillard

I'm doing my first PIC project. I have a PicKit2 and have successfully programmed the PIC (P24HJ128GP202) and everything seems fine when running using the PicKit2 as a debugger. When I remove the PK2 and power the PIC from another 3.3 volt power supply, it doesn't seem to start (software doesn't do the same thing).

I've checked:

1) POR constants and configuration bits
2) power supply output (3.3 volts)
3) MCLR connections -- it's connected like the data sheet says to connect it (resistor to power, cap to ground)

Any ideas? Maybe this is a dumb question, but it has me stumped.

Thanks!

Brad

maybe we should make a tutorial on how to:

1. Debug a PIC
2. Program a PIC
3. ReDebug (same as 1 just mention it)
4. ReProgram (same as 2 just mention it)

i have noticed a lot of people confusing the 1 and 2...

Last edited:
The info is there if people care to look for it.

If my vote count for anything use your time to do new stuff.

I have been impressed by some of the tutorials done by the arduino people. Maybe pick a topic that is hard to find and write it up. Maybe how to connect a pic to a BLDC motor, like the ones in a hard drive.

3v0

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back