Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does this sensor schematic have any problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gardenyu

Hi, I haven't played with transistor logic for too long since school. So I am worried a lot.

Here is this sensor application schematic, the AMN sensor output will be about 5V, 100uA maximum, I randomly put a few parts, trying to run a few 100mA LEDs, I wonder if you could tell me if any improvement or correction is necessary? Thanks a lot.

( I didn't draw the 12V-5V regulator, maybe I need to increase the eletrolytic cap size for decreasing 12V ripples)

Attachments

• sensor schematic.pdf
    15.5 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Does the sensor prefer sourcing or sinking current?

Here is a simpler way of driving the LEDs:

Attachments

• Leddrv.gif
    Leddrv.gif
    64.2 KB · Views: 138
Actually the sensor is a transistor logic output, should be pretty high impedance. I also simulated your way (seems like LTspice is really popular). It makes sense. Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back