Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does this ambient light sensor switch the mains at the zero cross?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyback

Hello

The below “skylite prime” ambient light sensor switches a streetlight on/off depending on whether its night/day.
However, we cannot find a datasheet for it….or indeed for any other such ambient light sensors from other companies.

What we want to know is…
a)..does it switch the mains to the light with a relay or some kind of semiconductor switch?
b)…Does it switch the mains on at the mains zero crossing?
c)…Does it have electrolytic capacitors in it.

Ambient light sensor for streetlight
https://www.tvilight.com/skylite_prime_smart_city_streetlight_controller/#intro

:banghead:
How the hell is anyone supposed to know that? Are you that much detached from the real world that you don´t realize you have to buy it, disassemble it and measure it to find answers to all these questions?

My guess is that if it costs one copper coin to add a feature then no feature.

I have two. Have not replaced them in years. I remember a very small numb er of components.

If you hunt around on that site, you'll find a link for requesting documentation.

Trying to guess what's inside of that device is pointless.

Are you that much detached from the real world that you don´t realize you have to buy it, disassemble it and measure it to find answers to all these questions?
Or,
click on the link which you gave in the 1st post
Click on the text "Want to know more"
That will take you to a page which looks like this:

1549122978837.png

I am sure that they will be eager to answer all your questions.

JimB

:banghead:
How the hell is anyone supposed to know that? Are you that much detached from the real world that you don´t realize you have to buy it, disassemble it and measure it to find answers to all these questions?

After reading many of his postings on different things here, I've come to a realization. The problem is never with his design, but is with the things that he buys. Things that many other people world wide have no problems using in their designs, projects and things they sell.

Thanks, the request datasheet doesnt work...it says it will send you a confirmatory email, but this is never delivered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back