Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does anyone try to use FILP or ISP of ATMEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikemikemike

I am trying to manage a embedded system project.
IS it good to use the FILP or ISP of ATMEL? Or i should use other monitoring program(PAULMON????) OR anyone try to write one

Also, what device i need to install, special programmer. cable..,etc?

THX

ATMEL ISP is a good software. All you need to do is build/buy a ISP cable and then you can easily program your ISP devices. But mind you, ISP is very slow at programming. It takes 1 minute to program 8kb flash which is too slow for development purpose. For development you can build any of the freely available development boards and use PAULMON. It is a very nicely written and the best monitor that I've ever used.

I wanna ask whether you have try that ISP or FLIP before. Actually what i need additionally than i just use a programmer or a burner to do. Both hardware and software

THX very much :cry: :cry:

Yes, I have done ISP programming before. All you need is the software and a few wires from parallel port running down to your PCB. Check out www.aec-electronics.co.nz . They offer free ISP software along with cable schematic.

I use Atmel ISP all the time. Its easy and portable. Speed is not an issue for me because my favorite is 90S2313 and 2K of flash is really not that much. It does work and its a good interface for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back