Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does anyone know what this yellow substance is on my circuit board??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rego21

The yellow substance seems to be in the same places on both boards, I'm not sure if it's supposed to be there or not?? The circuit boards are from a power supply from a soundbar

20200807_120450.jpg

It is sticky stuff, ie glue which was put there to help give some mechanical stability to larger, heavier components.

JimB

Many products go through a vibration test. Large components will fall off the board. The legs will brake after time. (glue)

LFP205991-0001 in Google reveals this,, may help,,check photo for arrow.

Yes, I've replaced a number of PSU capacitors in 'Sony' soundbars - obviously it's NOT a Sony product, and is just bought in from China - because capacitors don't fail in 'real' Sony products as they fit higher quality ones than lesser manufacturers.

In fact I've got a Sony soundbar myself - I delivered a new one to a lady, and she asked me to take the old one and dispose of it for her. One quick capacitor later, and I disposed of it at my house :D

In fact, following your excellent link, if you check the original photos you can see that capacitor is domed, so most likely it's low ESR.

LFP205991-0001 in Google reveals this,, may help,,check photo for arrow.

Appreciate the link you shared, you've saved me a lot of time, thanks a lot:D

Yes, I've replaced a number of PSU capacitors in 'Sony' soundbars - obviously it's NOT a Sony product, and is just bought in from China - because capacitors don't fail in 'real' Sony products as they fit higher quality ones than lesser manufacturers.

In fact I've got a Sony soundbar myself - I delivered a new one to a lady, and she asked me to take the old one and dispose of it for her. One quick capacitor later, and I disposed of it at my house :D

In fact, following your excellent link, if you check the original photos you can see that capacitor is domed, so most likely it's low ESR.

Thanks for the insight. Yeah I replaced the capacitor mentioned in the link and that sorted the problem for the two of them:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back