Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does anyone know what this is?

I am looking for a way to source the spring contact shown in the image?

Does anyone know where I can get this from?

Attachments

• pic.png
    pic.png
    453.1 KB · Views: 173
Clicking on the photo, a larger clearer picture is displayed.

I think that Mike is wanting info on the gold plated spring contacts indicated by his blue arrow.

I have seen these before, but where that can be obtained or what they are called, I do not know.

JimB

Thanks for the reply. I know this is a USB connector. It is a USB inserter used for testing purposes. Maybe I was not clear, but I am interested in the spring contact. Shown by the arrow in my picture.

I doubt you can buy just the spring contact. It is part of the "assembly" that is manufactured. If you find a similar USB connector, you might be able to remove one of the connectors to replace the one you want.
USB connectors are a "dime a dozen" so to speak, and those connector fingers are probably not available individually.

I suspect they are a special service by the PCB manufacturer, possibly formed-in-place.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back