Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does anyone have any info on I-BUS systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigal_scorpio

Hi to all,

I have just begun building a car pc system and was wanting to integrate the pc with the cars CPU system through its I-BUS, but I cannot find any info on this.

Maybe someone on this site has done this or knows what to search for and can point me in the right direction of exactly what the I-BUS is called in full, maybe I'm searching for something that has another more well known name?

Thanks for reading this..........Al

Whats your car, what's the PC you're interfacing to? IBUS is no bus that I know of.

Whats your car, what's the PC you're interfacing to? IBUS is no bus that I know of.

Hi mate,

the car is a 97 E39 528i and I have a laptop with a faulty screen that is sitting unused, so if I can make or get an I-Bus to USB gadget then I can control the laptop in the boot and use its output to a screen in the front.

I am planning on mp3, dvd, GPS etc so the I-Bus controls would help me a lot so I could use at the very least the audio control buttons on my steering wheel! :)

Al

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back