Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dodgy Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwooll

Hi

Apologies if this is not the correct forum, it seemed the closest.
My question is pretty general anyway.
Below is a picture of the power supply board from my Korg X-50 keyboard. It's not a very good picture but it's the best I can do with my camera.

My question is about the condition if it and if this could be the reason for the keyboard suffering from what I would describe as an intermittent wobbly tone. By condition I mean the yellowing of some of the green part of the PCB and apparent burn spots on the solder. It is my guess that this is the problem but I have no experience with electronics and do not want to spend money on something I am not sure about.

Any help will be appreciated.

Ivan

Attachments

• IMG_4636..jpg
    IMG_4636..jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 334
From what I can see of your photo, what you suspect is nothing more than solder flux residue from the factory. It's no cause for concern nor is it the root of the problem. To remove it requires another step in the process by the factory and many of them skip this finishing step. Can you get ahold of another power supply to sub that in order to know if the supply module is the culprit or not?

He probably didn't read the thread fully before posting, probably just the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back