Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Do you still watch DVD/Blu-Ray discs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

schmitt trigger

Most Helpful Member
Just out of curiosity;

Do you still watch DVD/Blu-Ray discs?

I can’t remember the last time I watched. Well over 5 years.

Yes, I do.
And cannot understand the trend of not having a collection of movies, family movies, recordings of my musicians group...
What do modern generations do when someone wants to see the movie "2010" ? Do they go to some site and pay a fee to stream, or download, or buy the movie and save it in hard drive until the drive crashes ? Where do they keep images of the infant years of a kid ?

Thanks for posting this. Am old fart style; have movies that I like in optical discs, music CDs autographed by groups, to enjoy whenever I want.
Hope someone explains how is it done now. I will stick to my way but curious.

The issue as I see it, is that corporations have discovered the beauty and profitability (for them) of subscriptions, compared to a single unit sale.

Nope, I disconnected it, put it in a closet and I now have a nice tv shelf with just a tv for almost 5 ears now.

I even watch the occasional VHS tape!

Never have done, but I do listen to CDs,
I've converted most of my CDs to .ogg (lossless) files on my computer and use my computer as a Juke Box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back