Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

do they still make.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclejed613

Most Helpful Member
coaxial cable for wire wrap? back in the 1980s i worked for a prototyping company, and we did a LOT of wire wrap assembly. i remember one item we had on hand was kynar coaxial cable which had a center conductor, and a foil shield with a piece of 30Ga wire running along it and then an outer kynar sheath... basically 50 ohm wire wrap coaxial cable... i'm working on a project where i'm planning on using a lot of wire wrap, but i can't seem to find anybody that still makes the coax cable.... i don't mind using RG-174 if i have to, but would prefer to use the kynar coax if i can find it.... anybody got any clue where i might find any?

i'm guessing nobody makes the stuff anymore... looks like i'll have to resort to twisted pair instead... or RG214 with prepped ends that can be wire wrapped...

If it helps, I use solid wire it's called "Hook up wire" or "Equipment wire" I get mine from RS but it is sheathed... I just cut it to length.
A700000007359373.pdf (rs-online.com)
Page 5

I dont know about the coax..

coaxial cable for wire wrap?
The only thing I ever possibly saw that used in was a PDP-8 I owned a few decades back. The cardframe was wire wrap and it did have coax links.
Though I believe that was standard wire wrap, not the mini wrap that is still available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back