Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DIY USB sound card with Motherboard's chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willen

Hi, For the audio recording my PC records pretty noisy audio. When I bought a few dollor USB sound card performance of recording was amazing. But after just few time of using the card, it has been damaged, Ops! It was from China.

Now I don't want to buy same fake one, I cannot buy hundreds of dollers expensive card, buying USB sound card IC like PCM2704 is not possible from my country. Thinking an alternative: if I could make my own USB sound card from my retired motherboard's one of the audio IC, it would be durable at least. Possible?

No, its not possible to make a USB audio adapter from the existing IC on the motherboard.

Have you tried an audio card like this?
upload_2018-6-6_15-27-51.png

available in Amazon and Flipkart, ships to Nepal from India.

No, its not possible to make a USB audio adapter from the existing IC on the motherboard.

Have you tried an audio card like this?
View attachment 113289

available in Amazon and Flipkart, ships to Nepal from India.
Amazon, eBay has amazing cheap rating. I don't know why my country requires a passport and visa of any country to load my cash on online international account (Visa/Paypal etc). Without this no one can buy things from outside of the country. Few products found on amazon/eBay are available inside my country but these costs 3 to 10 times expensive. That's irritating limit of my electronic hobby!

What type of card. Some times the USB connector comes unsoldered.
Looks like this:
https://m.ebay.com/itm/New-White-US...r-Sound-Card-/132455045198?_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1 Inside: it has a black drop of epoxy as an IC and has just few resistor and capacitor. All thing seems right. I can see audio output level graph in windows, playing through the USB audio, it seems normal but it does not give audio out to my earbud and to my headphone.

Adobe audition says like "no audio input device" etc. Before I recorded few audio clips and mixed with audition. To be sure I used the USB card to my school's computer but the result is totally same (it means no driver/setting problem).

i kind of got a chuckle out of that adapter. "7.1 surround sound" with a 2 channel stereo output. that's like buying a car with a 4-banger under the hood, and putting a V-8 emblem on the fender.

the sound hardware on the motherboard isn't a USB device, and it is operated directly by the motherboard chipset/bridge.

Last edited:
Amazon, eBay has amazing cheap rating. I don't know why my country requires a passport and visa of any country to load my cash on online international account (Visa/Paypal etc). Without this no one can buy things from outside of the country. Few products found on amazon/eBay are available inside my country but these costs 3 to 10 times expensive. That's irritating limit of my electronic hobby!

Does this help?
https://www.iwishbag.com/

My main problem is the country just allow to receive money from abroad and does not allow to send outside of the country, not from any way, any methods.

It has very strict condition to pay outside of the country like I need a passport with a visa etc (few other strict conditions I do not know).
Does this site help me?

i kind of got a chuckle out of that adapter. "7.1 surround sound" with a 2 channel stereo output. that's like buying a car with a 4-banger under the hood, and putting a V-8 emblem on the fender.

I disagree. The device appears to the CPU as though it has all 7 channels of sound and you can then use the 7-channel graphic equalizer and fader/balance to adjust the intensity of what the original sound editor puts through the various speakers. Voices in front (mostly in center, rumblings and various surround and stray voices in sides, etc. If your sound card only tells the CPU that it has 2-channel stereo capability, you are stuck with the sound editors (or worse, the CPU's) decision of what you should hear in stereo version. The 7-channel balance/fader is locked out and you only get a balance control for left and right.

People who have trouble hearing voices in loud rooms can use the 7-channel (or 5.1channel) controls to turn down the surround effects that are forced into the 2-channel stereo edit since front center has the majority of voices and suddenly dialog is much clearer.

As per your V8 stickers, I can't offer any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back