Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DIY Switched Capacitor Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownOut

Banned
Some time ago, we were mulling over how to add some electrical inertia to a fuel level detector. The filter element requirements were such that any conventional circuit would be impractable. I suggested a topology that would switch the current to a capacitor to allow for more reasonable circuit values. I tired to simulate the idea to further illustrate it, but my attempts were unsuccessful. I vowed to someday return to that simulation, as I knew it should have worked.

That day came. Here is the conceptual circuit. The three traces are for:

10% duty cycle: Blue

25% duty cycle: Red

50% duty cycle: greenish-blue

So, the circuit might be practical. We'll have to see how it works in a real circuit.

Attachments

• switchedCap.JPG
    switchedCap.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 227
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back