Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DIY (cheap) CR2032 battery holder

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaDa

I made a very cheap and rudimentary dolls house light using an led, resistor, a switch and a cr2032 battery.
I soldered all the bits I could but for the battery connection I just duck-taped some exposed wire to the battery (!!)

This worked, for a while but the duck-tape is a 'sub optimal' solution - in that it doesn't work :)

This whole project is meant to be _really_ cheap - so, gathered experts, is there a better (but still cheap) way to connect up the CR2032?

Don't know your location but Radio Shack sells a CR2032 battery holder for about a buck. Something like this. Also most parts houses carry variations. The advantage to brick and mortar store is you walk in and out with the thing.

Home brew? Maybe modify a clothes pin or binder clip? However, if you have access for a buck I would just buy one.

Ron

Last edited:
I'm UK based so I guess bricks'n'mortar would mean Maplins.

But, no, I want this to be dirt cheap _and_ really neat - I'm probably being overly hopeful (as usual) but if I don't ask....

FYI I'm currently trying to work out how I can press a coke bottle screw top neck and lid to my purpose :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back