• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DIY bluetooth speaker

I need data on this:

What i need is at what voltage i get what wattage. Since i got BMS and charger for 5S, maybe i could use my stepup.

audioguru

Most Helpful Member
The Chinese amplifier module uses the new TDA7492P Rev6 version and is missing a heatsink on its bottom. The datasheet for this version shows 25W + 25W at 10% horrible clipping distortion into 8 ohms when the supply is 20V. As usual, ebay is wrong.

All the graphs do not show a supply higher than 20V.
At low distortion the power is 18W per channel into 8 ohms. If this power is continuous then the IC might shut down due to overheating.

audioguru

Most Helpful Member
This thread is too long, I cannot remember which IC version and which power supply voltage your last amplifier used.

The old Rev5 amplifier IC had its thermal pad on top for a heatsink attachment and with a 25V supply and 8 ohm speakers, produced 2 x 40W with horrible 10% distortion, about 32W per channel at 1% distortion and about 27W per channel at low distortion. With a 22V supply, it could produce 2 x 50W into 4 ohm speakers at 10% horrible distortion and produce about 37W per channel at low distortion.

10 times the power sounds twice as loud. 2 times the power is only a little louder but you will not notice if you do not quickly switch the 1times and 2times powers back and forth quickly.

EE World Online Articles