Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Division of Voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of voltage ?

Are these analog voltages or digital ?

I cant think of any way to divide two voltages except with a microcontroller ... you can program the arithmetic function there .... in using a microcontroller you may be able to use an analog signal .... not sure though ...

Or you can do it synthetically, leaving the second voltage out of the equation (ie. voltage divider, ect)

cjg

As Nigel said, we need more info.

However, making a guess as to what you mean, there are analogue techniques available to do arithmetic functions such as:- multiply, divide, square, square root, take the exponent, or logarothm, etc.

Len

The first voltage is the output voltage of a transresistance amplifier, the second is the voltage of the device that gave out the current. This division gives me the impedance value

STG said:
The first voltage is the output voltage of a transresistance amplifier, the second is the voltage of the device that gave out the current. This division gives me the impedance value

Presumably this is for an impedance meter? - a microcontoller would seem the easiest solution. Use two A2D channels to read the two voltages, divide them accordingly, then display on an LCD module.

A PIC16F876 has 10 bit A2D built-in, and would do nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back