Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Displaying Data From a Microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overclocked

I want to display and record data from a Microcontroller (PIC micro specifically) on my computer. Yes I could use a USB to UART and use the console, but what if I wanted something nice, like a meter display? My the two choices I have in mind are Labview or Makerplot. Both are the same price ($40ish), but Makerplot seems like a "dumbed down" version of Labview.

Does anyone have suggestions Of What I could use? Both seem very simple and I know how to use labview.

That s'ware looks to be exactly what I need.
This coupon gets u $5 bux off..use it when you purchase.
NVMP092713

lately i have been using a 4pin 232bluetooth module, on the pic side i use tx/rx @ 9600 baud, (im not sure if you can change it)

on the host side:
with my computer i use a BT usb dongle and terminal software ( but is easy to do code in VB)
plus I have the option of the data terminal on my ANDROID, and do my own decoders with Eclipse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back