Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Disc Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

ermsk8er

Good Day:)

My DVD Player failed to read any DVD disc, is there anyone know where the trouble is? Thanks:)

Last edited:
DVD players, for the most part, are designed to be disposable - especially if it cost less than $50.00 USD. I bought a couple of el-cheapo players (one APEX, then other a COBY); spent around $40.00 USD on them, neither lasted more than a year or so. After that, spent about $80.00 on a Sony unit; haven't had a problem with it for a few years now (but if it does give up the ghost, I'll just buy another).

Highly unknown what or where your problem is; it could be any number of things. I would first try a cleaning disc (start with the stupid simple stuff first). I have also seen (in a CD player, though) where a speck of the "label side" of a disc (tiny little flake) got stuck on the lens of the read head; nothing helped (cleaning disk, qtip with alcohol, blowing) until I looked closely at the lens, and spotted it. No idea how it got there, but it must've flaked off a disc and lodged there somehow. Once it was removed, CDs played fine again (much to the relief of my wife, who likes to listen to books on CD).

Beyond that, it could be the laser, motor, focusing coils/actuators - any number of possibilities (and if it was a DRE on a Sony PS2, there are a few things you could try, but even there, you might just have to "give up" in the end - not worth the money, IMHO).

Years ago:) I used to repair cd players with same fault..put the disc in followed by it trying to play then stop..we fitted a new laser ass and it was back in action... check the part number on the laser and see how much a replacement will cost...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back