Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dil 16 package old ic

Status
Not open for further replies.

v1.5

Hi
Need to identify an ic (dil 16) on my very old ups. I bought that ups from a store for just a few euros xD. Now i plug in a battery on it but one ic is getting hot so i thought i must replace it.
This ic doesnt have any number on the top side but on the buttom side , “ MS104 PHILIPPINES” has been written by the component manufacturer. There in no more signed on it , just these letters and numbers.
For easy to identify i followed vcc and gnd pins on it. Vcc pin is 15th pin and gnd pin is 8th pin. Hope it means something.
Thanks

Last edited:
It could be ANY logic chip.. But my money is on a dual 555... Op amps are different power pins
Google 556 timer and check component locale...
556 is dip 14. On my case dip 16 needed

Vcc pin 15, not pin 16? That makes it a rather strange configuration, but may give some clue as to what it is. However, I have no idea at this time...

UPS? 16 pins? Vcc at pin 15?

The SG3525 is very popular, no, extremely popular in UPS circuits.

Download the data sheet and see whether the pinout corresponds with your board wiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back