Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

digital voice recorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

piyush_it1

my project includes sampling the voice using ADC and storing the data in flash memory and finally retreiving it from memory using DAC. The platform being 89c51 microcontroller

1.) i've made a basic preamplifier and checked it's o/p on CRO and it's amplitude is limited to 1V. I want to know whether my ADC could sample such variations.

2.) Please tell me some power amplifier configuration
(if possibly LM 386)to test the o/p of this circuit , by connecting it at o/p of this circuit,without connecting it to microcontroller.

thanks

piyush_it1 said:
1.) i've made a basic preamplifier and checked it's o/p on CRO and it's amplitude is limited to 1V. I want to know whether my ADC could sample such variations.
most of the ADC i/p varies from 0-5V for FSD , so u have to amplify the signal 5 times to get the full resolution of the adc.

2.) Please tell me some power amplifier configuration
(if possibly LM 386)to test the o/p of this circuit , by connecting it at o/p of this circuit,without connecting it to microcontroller.
u can find sample design of poweramp in the datasheet of lm386

A couple of points for digitising audio:

1) You MUST have a low pass filter on the input, with a fairly sharp cutoff no higher than half the sampling rate, and preferably lower than than.

2) You MUST make 100% sure that you NEVER clip the input to the DAC, this produces incredibly bad distortion

Nigel Goodwin said:

1) You MUST have a low pass filter on the input, with a fairly sharp cutoff no higher than half the sampling rate, and preferably lower than than.

2) You MUST make 100% sure that you NEVER clip the input to the DAC, this produces incredibly bad distortion
ADC ??

akg said:
Nigel Goodwin said:

ADC ??

Yes! - sorry :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back