Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital to analogue convertor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pierrenoir

Hello Gentlemen. Oh and Ladies also
I am currently trying to put together a device for measuring the temperature of a transmission on a haultruck. The sensor on the truck in question is a PWM type and the device that I am using to measure this signal will only accept an analogue voltage 0-5V or 0-10V. the truck in question runs on a 24V DC electrical system.
The PWM signal is 8V 500Hz frequency range and 0-100% duty cycle.
Any ideas would be much appreciated.

I am also a bit of a novice with electronics so please go easy on the technical stuff
Cheers

Measure your duty cycle with a microcontroller then output it with the DAC. You'll also need a couple of level shifters here and there.

You can do it all with passives ( look here -> **broken link removed** fro an idea ), however, the accuracy would suffer.

Last edited:
I don't see any need for a microcontroller. If the sensor swings from 0 to 8V, and the 8V is stable, all you need is an attenuator to give you 0 to 5V, a lowpass filter, and an op amp as a buffer, if needed. If the device you are using to measure the signal has a high input impedance, you won't need the op amp - just 3 or 4 resistors and 2 or 3 capacitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back