Digital to analogue convertor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pierrenoir

Hello Gentlemen. Oh and Ladies also
I am currently trying to put together a device for measuring the temperature of a transmission on a haultruck. The sensor on the truck in question is a PWM type and the device that I am using to measure this signal will only accept an analogue voltage 0-5V or 0-10V. the truck in question runs on a 24V DC electrical system.
The PWM signal is 8V 500Hz frequency range and 0-100% duty cycle.
Any ideas would be much appreciated.

I am also a bit of a novice with electronics so please go easy on the technical stuff
Cheers

Measure your duty cycle with a microcontroller then output it with the DAC. You'll also need a couple of level shifters here and there.

You can do it all with passives ( look here -> **broken link removed** fro an idea ), however, the accuracy would suffer.

Last edited:
I don't see any need for a microcontroller. If the sensor swings from 0 to 8V, and the 8V is stable, all you need is an attenuator to give you 0 to 5V, a lowpass filter, and an op amp as a buffer, if needed. If the device you are using to measure the signal has a high input impedance, you won't need the op amp - just 3 or 4 resistors and 2 or 3 capacitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…