Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Thermostat Schematic Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan

Anybody have a schematic they care to share for a digital thermometer/thermostat that has a low and high setpoint. A adjustable hystersis would be a bonus as well. The only thing I have been able to find on the internet incorporates a LCD module from Radio Shack.

I have a partially completed thermostat diagram. It uses a LM34 to measure inside temperature
which is read on a digital panel meter. The reading is hooked up to a dual comparator. Then I
set a "High" and "Low" voltage and feed each to a separate section on the dual comparator. When-
ever the temperature is either below or below the settings, the thermostat turns ON or Off, depend-
on whether it is air conditioning or heating. Because the settings are variable, the SPAN is set by
the settings. I am 80 years of age and have been delayed from completing the printed circuit board
by everything, except age. Pepos S. Dounson, 914 W. Mistletoe Avenue, San Antonio, TX 78201-5649. Area 210 733-1377. dounson@sbcglobal.net

Hi Bryan,
The TC620/621 from Microchip sounds like the chip you need. I've attached the datasheet below for you to read.

Regards Bryan1

View attachment TC620.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back